Best ever Tuna Noodle Casserole is a classic comfort food that everyone loves! This casserole is packed full of flaky tuna, tender green peas, creamy soup, melty cheese, and finished with a buttery cracker topping. Make this comforting casserole tonight!
Why you'll love this recipe
Nothing beats a classic casserole- especially when it's freezing cold outside! Tuna and noodles and Tater Tot Casserole are definitely at the top of our favorites list.
This classic casserole requires very little preparation- no chopping, no sautéing. Tuna and noodle casserole only takes 30 minutes from start to finish. Talk about the perfect dinner for busy weeknights!
This is one of my favorite go-to comfort recipes because I usually have most of this stuff on hand. Here's what you'll need:
- Wide egg noodles
- Campbell's cream of mushroom soup
- Sour cream
- Canned tuna
- Frozen peas
- Dried minced onion
- Shredded cheese
- Ritz crackers
- Salt and pepper
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, milk, tuna, peas, shredded cheese, minced onion, salt, and pepper. Stir in the cooked egg noodles and mix well.
Transfer the mixture to a 9x13 baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Combine the crushed Ritz crackers and melted butter and sprinkle over the casserole. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the top is crisp and golden brown.
Make it a one-pot meal
Skip the Ritz crackers and the oven and make tuna and noodle casserole on the stove! This is one of my favorite ways to make this classic casserole when I'm in a hurry.
Take the cooked noodles, cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, milk, tuna, thawed peas, minced onion, shredded cheese, salt, and pepper and combine them in a large skillet or stockpot. Cover and heat over medium heat until hot, while stirring occasionally.
Make it ahead of time
Prepare tuna and noodle casserole up to one day ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator. Do not add the topping until the second bake (step 6).
When you're ready to bake, let the casserole sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Bake as directed below.
Tips & tricks
Use canned peas. I'm not a huge fan of canned peas, but I love them in tuna and noodles!
Try different toppings. Our favorite way to make the buttery topping is with crushed Ritz crackers. You could also use breadcrumbs, panko, or French fried onions.
Use freshly grated cheese. Freshly grated cheese melts better and tastes fresher.
- Large Mixing Bowl. This set will have the perfect size so you can mix all of the casserole ingredients together.
- 9x13 Baking Dish. This is my favorite casserole dish. It even comes with a lid!
Transfer cooled leftovers to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to four days. Once the pan has cooled down, I like to wrap my baking dish in foil and store it in the fridge that way.
To reheat this casserole in the oven, let it sit at room temperature to take the chill off. Make sure the baking dish is covered with foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 10 to 20 minutes, or until heated through.
More easy casseroles
Easy Tuna Noodle Casserole
- 5 c wide egg noodles cooked to al dente
- 2 10.5 oz cream of mushroom soup
- ½ c sour cream
- ½ c milk
- 2 5 oz canned tuna drained
- 1 c frozen peas thawed
- ½ teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 c shredded Colby Jack cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 c ritz crushed
- 2 tablespoon butter melted
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine the ingredients for the topping and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, milk, tuna, peas, shredded cheese, minced onion, salt, and pepper. Stir in the cooked egg noodles and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9x13 baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Combine the crushed Ritz crackers and melted butter. Sprinkle over the casserole.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the top is crisp and golden brown.
The nutritional information provided is only an estimate. For accurate results, we recommend calculating the nutritional information based on the ingredients and brands you use.
More Good Mood Food
Lovin' these recipes? Join me on Pinterest!
Did you enjoy Easy Tuna and Noodle Casserole? Be sure to leave a comment and a rating below!