Quick and easy Strawberry Cheesecake Puff Pastries are made with puff pastry, filled with strawberry preserves and sweet cream cheese, and iced with a vanilla glaze. These strudels are ready in less than 30 minutes and make a perfect breakfast, brunch, or dessert!
Why you'll love this recipe
I made these pastries for a Thanksgiving family event and my husband asked if we could just leave them at home because he didn't want to share them (I even made a double batch!). He loves them and you will too!
Strawberry puff pastry tarts are perfect for any occasion- breakfast, brunch, dessert, parties, you name it! They are super simple to make and don't take much time. In less than 30 minutes, you'll have delicious pastries for the whole family to enjoy!
Puff pastry tarts
Here's what you'll need to make strawberry cheesecake puff pastry tarts:
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Puff pastry sheets
- Strawberry preserves
To make a simple three-ingredient vanilla icing, you'll need:
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
Instead of making icing, you can also dust the strudels with powdered sugar.
Start this recipe by preheating your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
Roll out the pastry dough until the seams are blended. It should be roughly a 10-inch by 10-inch square.
Cut each sheet into 9 squares (you will have a total of 18 squares) and place them on the prepared baking sheets. Score each square with a sharp knife about a ½ inch away from the outside edge. Be careful not to cut all the way through the pastry.
Use a fork to score the inner square about 6 times to keep it from puffing up during baking.
In a small bowl, combine the egg and the milk. Lightly brush the outside edges with the egg wash. This will help turn the edges glossy and golden brown once they’re baked.
In a medium-sized bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth.
Divide the cream cheese mixture between all 18 squares. Dollop the preserves (about a tablespoon) into the center of the cream cheese.
Bake the danishes for 15 to 18 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. Let cool and combine the ingredients for the icing. Once the strudels are cooled, drizzle with icing.
Feel free to use any type of fruit preserve. Bonne Maman (not sponsored) has a ton of great flavors that would make great substitutions in this recipe! Cherry preserves is another great favorite, but they also have flavors such as raspberry, blueberry, peach, and more.
But don't stop at just preserves- jams can also be used!
Tips & tricks
Try different flavors. Strawberry isn't the only delicious flavor you can use for pastries. Use raspberry, cherry, peach, and even rhubarb!
Dust with powdered sugar. Instead of making the vanilla glaze, you can dust the danishes with powdered sugar instead.
- Hand Mixer. Make a smooth and creamy cheesecake filling easily with a hand mixer.
- Half Sheet Pans. Easily fit nine of the puff pastries on one sheet without overcrowding them.
Store strawberry puff pastries in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
More easy desserts
Hungry for more? Sign up for our newsletter and join us on Facebook and Pinterest for all of our latest updates!
Be sure to check out our brand-new Gluten-Free Facebook community!
Strawberry Cheesecake Puff Pastries
For the Pastry
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ c powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 puff pastry sheets thawed
- strawberry preserves about 9 ounces
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
For the Icing
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsps milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll out the puff pastry until the seams are blended (about a 10-inch by 10-inch square). Cut each pastry into 9 squares and place on the prepared baking sheets.
- Score each pastry with a sharp knife about ½ inch in from the outside edge. Use a fork to poke the inner square about 6 times to keep it from puffing up during baking.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg and the milk. Lightly brush the edges with the egg wash.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth. Divide the cream cheese mixture between all 18 squares.
- Dollop about a tablespoon of preserves into the center of the cream cheese.
- Bake the danishes for 15 to 18 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Let cool and combine the ingredients for the icing. Once cooled, drizzle with icing.
The nutritional information provided is only an estimate. For accurate results, we recommend calculating the nutritional information based on the ingredients and brands you use.
more good mood food
Like our recipes? Follow us on Pinterest!
Did you enjoy Strawberry Cheesecake Puff Pastries? Be sure to leave a comment and a rating below!
Did you make this recipe? Let us know!