Looking for an easy chip dip that's perfect for a crowd? This Sour Cream and Onion Dip is just what you need. This savory two-ingredient party dip will disappear in a hurry!
Why you'll love this recipe
This easy chip dip is truly one of the best. It's creamy, savory, oniony- and the best part? It only takes 2-ingredients and less than 5 minutes to whip up a batch!
This is one of my favorite dump and go recipes especially for last minute events. No one will ever turn down a deliciously creamy chip dip- this will be the first party appetizer gone!
This easy dip only needs two ingredients, plus your favorite dippers. Here's what you'll need:
- Sour cream
- Lipton onion soup mix packet
- Chips, crackers, pretzels, bread, or vegetables for dipping
In a small mixing bowl, combine the container of sour cream and onion soup mix packet. That's it!
Don't you wish all recipes were this simple? I know I do!
For best flavor, let this dip chill for at least an hour in the fridge. If you can't wait that long, go ahead and serve it immediately!
- Instead of using Lipton onion soup mix, you can also use homemade onion soup mix.
- For an even more savory dip, stir in a ½ cup of mayonnaise.
Even though this dip is already low carb, you can use light sour cream for an even healthier and lighter option. Grab some healthy(ier) dippers like vegetables, pretzels, and bread.
Make it ahead of time
Because this dip tastes better after it has time to sit, it can definitely be made the night before. This make-ahead snack can made up to one day in advance and stored in the refrigerator.
Just be sure to stir it up before digging in!
Tips & tricks
Let it chill. For the best taste, let this dip sit in the refrigerator for at least one hour. This will give the flavors of the onion mix and sour cream time to fully combine.
Make a large batch. Double, triple, or even quadruple this recipe for your large group of friends or family members.
Use it as a veggie dip! Skip those delicious salty chips and serve this onion dip with bell peppers, cucumbers, carrots, broccoli, or celery.
- Small Mixing Bowl. You'll find the perfect size every time with my favorite mixing bowl set.
- Chip and Dip Serving Set. Show up with the most beautiful spread at the party with this porcelain serving platter.
If this French onion dip doesn't disappear immediately, it can easily be stored in the refrigerator. Leftovers stored in an airtight container should last for up to four days.
More party dips
- Easy Spinach Dip
- Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- Seven Layer Taco Dip
- Caramel Apple Dip
- Peanut Butter Fruit Dip
French Onion Dip
- 16 oz sour cream
- 1 pkg Lipton's onion soup mix
- chips, crackers, pretzels, bread, veggies for dipping
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream and onion soup mix.
- If desired, let chill for 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with chips, crackers, pretzels, bread, or veggies.
The nutritional information provided is only an estimate. For accurate results, we recommend calculating the nutritional information based on the ingredients and brands you use.
Double or even triple this recipe for graduation parties, baby showers, BBQs, potlucks, family gatherings, Super Bowl parties, camping get togethers, and Labor Day or Memorial Day weekend parties.
Lovin' these recipes? Join me on Pinterest!
Did you enjoy two-ingredient Sour Cream and Onion Dip? Be sure to leave a comment and a rating below!