This healthy Orange Creamsicle Smoothie is the perfect bright and refreshing treat for any time of day! With its vibrant orange color and creamy texture, it's a fun and flavorful way to get your daily dose of vitamins and minerals.
Why you'll love this recipe
Are you craving the nostalgic taste of orange and vanilla creamsicle ice cream bars from your childhood? Or the delicious Orange Julius drinks from the mall?
Try this healthier version of an Orange Julius for a guilt-free way to satisfy your cravings!
Made with fresh orange juice, creamy yogurt, and natural sweeteners like honey, this smoothie is packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that can help boost your immune system, improve your digestion, and support your overall health and wellness.
Relive your childhood memories with this healthy Orange Creamsicle Smoothie. Perfect for breakfast, a snack, or dessert, it's a delicious and nutritious way to enjoy the classic creamy combination of orange and vanilla!
To make this bright and sunny smoothie, you will need just 6 simple and easy-to-find ingredients:
- Orange. This is the star of the smoothie! Not only are oranges an excellent source of vitamin C, but they're also high in fiber, potassium, and folate.
- Orange juice. Adds more orange flavor and boosts the vitamin C content. Try to choose a high-quality orange juice that doesn't contain added sugars or preservatives. My favorite OJ is Simply Orange!
- Honey. This is a great natural sweetener that adds flavor without adding refined sugar. Honey can also help reduce inflammation and is a good source of antioxidants.
- Vanilla extract. This gives this smoothie the classic creamsicle taste!
- Banana. Bananas are a good source of potassium, fiber, and antioxidants. They also provide a creamy and natural sweetness to this sunny summer drink.
- Yogurt. Adds creaminess and protein to the smoothie. Yogurt also contains probiotics which can help improve digestive health. Feel free to use plain or Greek yogurt.
There are no fancy steps for this recipe!
Simply toss all of your ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend 'er up!
If you have a Ninja Duo Blender, this recipe fits perfectly in the 24-ounce to-go cup!
The "extract" setting will make the smoothest drink! No pulpy smoothies here!
This recipe makes roughly 2 small 8-ounce servings or 1 large 16-ounce serving.
Tips & tricks
Use frozen fruit. Using frozen fruit will make your smoothie cold and creamy. Peel the banana and orange, slice them both up, and pop them into the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
Use a high-speed blender. If you don't have a high-speed blender, you can still make delicious smoothies but they will be slightly chunkier and pulpy. I love my Ninja and this recipe fits perfectly in the 24-ounce to-go cups!
Add protein powder. Turn it into a protein-packed smoothie with a scoop of your favorite vanilla or unflavored protein powder.
- High-speed blender. Make delicious smooth smoothies with a high-speed blender that is affordable and won't break the bank!
Store any leftover smoothie in the refrigerator for no more than 48 hours. When you're ready to enjoy the rest of your smoothie, give it a good shake to blend the ingredients back together.
Hungry for more? Sign up for our newsletter and join us on Facebook and Pinterest for all of our latest updates!
Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
- 1 orange peeled (sliced & frozen optional)
- 1 banana peeled, sliced, and frozen
- ½ c orange juice
- ½ c yogurt plain or greek
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender.
- Blend until smooth (I use the "extract" setting on my Ninja blender).
The nutritional information provided is only an estimate. For accurate results, we recommend calculating the nutritional information based on the ingredients and brands you use.
more good mood food
Like our recipes? Follow us on Pinterest!
Did you enjoy Orange Creamsicle Smoothie? Be sure to leave a comment below and share your experience!
Did you make this recipe? Let us know!