This Restaurant-Style Salsa is loaded with fresh ingredients and a few spices- no cooking or peeling required! It’s so easy to make and only takes 15 minutes!
This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you make a purchase after clicking a link, I may earn a small commission at no cost to you. View our Disclaimer Policy.
This is one of my all-time favorite ways to use all of the ripe and juicy tomatoes out of my garden!
Ingredients Needed for Fresh Restaurant Style Salsa
- Tomatoes, Roma preferably
- White onion
- Chili powder
This recipe is so easy to customize! Like it spicy? Use Rotel Hot or add habaneros. Love garlic? Use three cloves. Don’t have Romas? Any tomato will work (I like to de-seed the extra juicy ones)!
How to Make Restaurant Style Salsa
To make this easy and delicious fresh salsa, simply roughly chop all fresh ingredients (minus the lime) and add them to the food processor. Juice half of a lime and add the seasonings.
Pulse the food processor at one-second intervals until the desired consistency is reached.
For optimal flavor, I recommend letting it chill for a few hours or overnight before serving.
What Can I Use This Salsa For?
Besides the classic tortilla chip, this salsa can be put on:
- Cheesy scrambled eggs and hash browns (our personal fav!)
- Stuffed peppers
- Tacos and burritos (of course)
- Use it as a dip for cheese-filled breadsticks (it’s like a soft quesadilla- SO good)
- Spread it on chicken or hamburgers
How to Store Restaurant Style Salsa
Fresh salsa can be stored in the refrigerator for up to five days. This recipe can also be frozen for up to three months. We like to make several batches and freeze them for the winter!
Fresh Restaurant Style Salsa
- Food processor
- 10 oz Rotel
- 7-8 whole tomatoes Roma
- 1-3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 lime juice
- 1/2 white onion
- 2 tbsp cilantro roughly chopped
- 1-3 whole jalapeno
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Roughly chop ingredients and add to food processor.
- Add seasonings to food processor.
- Slowly pulse at one-second intervals until the desired consistency is reached.
* Nutrition information is an estimate and will vary based on ingredients used and cooking methods.
Thank you so much for visiting us! If you enjoyed this recipe, please let us know in the comments below!