Indulge in the perfect balance of sweet and creamy with these heavenly Deviled Strawberries. Fresh, juicy strawberries are hollowed out and filled with a luscious mixture of cream cheese, marshmallow creme, and gluten-free cinnamon graham cracker crumbs, creating a dessert that is irresistibly delicious!
Why you'll love this recipe
Looking for an easy, bright, and fruity summer snack or appetizer? Well, you've come to the right place! Not only are Deviled Strawberries light and refreshing, but they're also delicious.
These no-bake Deviled Strawberries make an easy finger food dessert that's perfect for any occasion! Quickly whip up a batch for:
- Baby showers
- Valentine's Day
- Mother's Day
- The Superbowl
- Potlucks and parties
To make these heart-shaped sweet cream-stuffed strawberries, you will need:
- Fresh strawberries. Use large berries that are roughly the same size. This will make them easier to hollow out.
- Cream cheese. Adds a creamy texture and tangy flavor to the filling, which compliments the sweet and juicy strawberries. Make sure it's softened!
- Marshmallow creme. This makes the filling deliciously light and fluffy!
- Vanilla extract. Enhances the flavor and adds a subtle sweetness. Try to use good-quality vanilla.
- Vanilla pudding mix. Instant pudding mix will help stabilize the filling and make it easy to pipe into the strawberries. It also adds a creamy, custard-like flavor!
- Graham crackers. Used to provide a crunchy texture and compliments the creamy stuffed strawberries. You'll need two tablespoons of crushed gluten-free graham crackers.
- Cinnamon. Adds a warm and comforting flavor that compliments the sweetness of the filling.
Choosing sweet and ripe strawberries can make a huge difference in the taste and quality of your stuffed strawberries. Here are some tips for picking good strawberries:
- Look for strawberries that are bright red. Fully ripe strawberries will be red all over the berry.
- Make sure the strawberries are firm. They shouldn't be too soft or mushy.
- Look at the stems and leaves. The stems and leaves should look fresh and green, not too dry or wilted.
- Ripe strawberries should smell sweet and fragrant.
- Check for mold or bruises.
- Check the season! Strawberries are usually in season during the late spring and early summer months.
Begin this recipe by removing the stems from each strawberry and slicing them in half lengthwise. Cut a small sliver from the back of each strawberry to keep them from rolling over (pictured on the left).
Use a small melon baller to hollow out the middle of each strawberry. I don't own a melon baller so I used a ½ teaspoon metal measuring spoon and it worked perfectly!
Make the filling
In a medium-sized bowl, beat the softened cream cheese until smooth (this will help keep it from being lumpy!). Beat in the marshmallow fluff, vanilla extract, and dry instant vanilla pudding mix.
Fill a piping bag with the cream cheese/marshmallow mixture and pipe it onto each strawberry. I recommend refrigerating for at least one hour prior to serving.
If you don't have a piping bag, you can also use a Ziploc bag with one corner snipped off.
Combine the crushed gluten-free graham crackers and cinnamon in a small bowl. When you're ready to serve, sprinkle the graham cracker mixture over each filled strawberry.
Deviled Strawberries can be switched up in so many ways! Swap out the sweet cream filling for Nutella or garnish them with chopped nuts or shaved chocolate.
Make it ahead of time
If you want to make these strawberries ahead of time, I recommend keeping the strawberries, the cream cheese mixture, and the graham crackers in separate containers.
- Slice and scoop out the strawberries and store them in the refrigerator in an airtight container for no more than 24 hours. The longer they sit, the softer they will become.
- Mix up the cream cheese/marshmallow filling and store it in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
- Combine the crushed graham crackers and cinnamon and store them on the counter in an airtight container.
Tips & tricks
Use large strawberries. When selecting fresh strawberries, be sure to choose ones that are large and bright red. Smaller strawberries will work, but they may be harder to work with when removing the centers.
Leave the stems on. You can choose to leave the strawberry stems on or you can cut them off completely. I like leaving them on for a delightful appearance, but removing the stems definitely makes them easier to eat!
Keep the strawberries from rolling around. If the strawberries don't want to lay flat, cut a small sliver off of the backside.
Sprinkle on cinnamon graham crackers when you're ready to serve them. If the strawberries are garnished too soon, the graham crackers may become soggy.
- Rounded Teaspoon. Easily hollow out the strawberries using a rounded teaspoon. A melon baller can also be used.
- Piping Kit. Easily pipe the filling into the strawberries with a piping kit. My favorite tip to use is the star tip!
Store the Deviled Strawberries for no more than 12 hours in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
More fruity desserts
Hungry for more? Sign up for our newsletter and join us on Facebook and Pinterest for all of our latest updates!
Be sure to check out our brand-new Gluten-Free Facebook community!
- rounded teaspoon or melon baller
- 1 lb strawberries about 16
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 7 oz marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoon dry instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 tablespoon gluten-free graham crackers crushed
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon optional
- Remove the stems from the strawberries and slice them in half lengthwise. Cut a small sliver off the back of each strawberry to keep them from rolling over.
- Use a small melon baller (I used a small metal measuring spoon) to hollow out the middle of each strawberry.
- In a medium bowl, beat the softened cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the marshmallow creme, vanilla extract, and dry pudding mix.
- Fill a piping bag with this mixture and pipe onto each strawberry. I recommend refrigerating for at least one hour.
- In a small bowl, combine the crushed graham crackers and cinnamon. When ready to serve, sprinkle graham cracker mixture over each strawberry.
The nutritional information provided is only an estimate. For accurate results, we recommend calculating the nutritional information based on the ingredients and brands you use.
more good mood food
Like our recipes? Follow us on Pinterest!
Did you enjoy Deviled Strawberries? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Did you make this recipe? Let us know!