Delicious homemade granola is perfectly balanced with sweet dried cranberries and toasted almonds, flavored with honey and a dash of warm cinnamon.
Why you'll love this recipe
Let me tell you why you're going to be totally excited about making the best cranberry almond granola!
First off, it's absolutely delicious! Toasted gluten-free oats, crunchy sliced almonds, and tangy dried cranberries are tossed in a honey and brown sugar mixture with a hint of comforting cinnamon.
It's crunchy, nutty, and oh-so-yummy!
Forget the store-bought stuff- not only does homemade granola taste way better, but you get to control what goes into it! You can adjust the sweetness and add in your favorite nuts, seeds, or dried fruits.
Once you taste this honey cranberry almond goodness, you'll never look back!
These nutty honey granola clusters can be used for so many things! My current fave- eating it as a breakfast cereal with a splash of organic milk!
You can also enjoy it as a snack on its own, layer it with yogurt and fresh fruit for a yogurt parfait, use it as a salad topper, or even use it on a fruit cobbler!
Making homemade granola is super easy. All you need are some basic pantry ingredients:
- Gluten-free oats. Oats are rich in fiber and keep you feeling full. Both old-fashioned and quick oats are good options.
- Sliced almonds. Adds a delightful nutty crunch and is a great source of healthy fats, vitamins, and protein.
- Dried cranberries. These are packed with antioxidants and add bursts of tartness and natural sweetness.
- Brown sugar. Adds a slight caramel-like flavor and compliments the dried cranberries.
- Honey. This natural sweetener helps bind the granola clusters together.
- Coconut oil. Helps coat the ingredients evenly and makes the granola nice and crispy. I like to use refined.
- Cinnamon. Cinnamon adds warm and inviting flavors to the granola.
- Vanilla extract. Adds a touch of sweetness and depth.
- Salt. Don't skip the salt! It helps balance the flavors and enhances the sweetness of the granola.
Begin this quick and easy recipe by preheating your oven to 300 degrees F. Line your jelly roll pan or baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
In a medium-sized bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Make sure every nut and oat is coated in that yummy goodness!
Pour the sticky sweet mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and spread it into an even layer. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
Don't overbake it! All we're doing is lightly toasting the oats and almonds. Don't worry if it's a bit soft, the granola will harden up as it cools.
Remove the pan from the oven. Before your cranberry almond granola cools completely, gently press it down with a spatula to create those yummy little clusters!
Let the granola cool completely and enjoy!
Tips & tricks
Customize to your heart's desire. If you're feeling cheeky, add different nuts, coconut flakes, or even some chocolate chips. This recipe is so fun and easy to customize!
Don't overbake it. All we're doing is toasting the almonds and oats so they're nice and golden brown. The granola will harden as it cools.
- Parchment paper or Silpat. Help make cleanup a breeze!
- Jelly roll pan. This pan is the perfect size for evenly toasting oats and almonds. You can also use a large baking sheet.
- Mixing bowl. Grab a medium-sized bowl from this 2-piece set.
Store your homemade granola in an airtight container at room temperature. It will stay fresh for up to a week, but chances are it won't last that long!
More sweet treats
Cranberry Almond Granola
- Preheat your oven to 300℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- In a medium-size bowl combine all of the ingredients.
- Pour the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and spread it into an even layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Using a spatula, press down the granola to help it stick together and make clusters. Let the granola cool.
- Once the granola has cooled, store it in an airtight container.
The nutritional information provided is only an estimate. For accurate results, we recommend calculating the nutritional information based on the ingredients and brands you use.
Lovin' these recipes? Join me on Pinterest!
Did you enjoy Cranberry Almond Granola? Be sure to leave a comment below and share your experience!