Start your day on a delightful and nutritious note with a healthy Chocolate Covered Cherry Smoothie! This luscious blend combines the rich flavors of velvety chocolate and sweet cherries, resulting in a smoothie that tastes just like chocolate-covered cherries!
Why you'll love this recipe
Get ready for a mind-blowing combo- a healthy chocolate cherry smoothie! Brace yourself for a blend of pure awesomeness where rich chocolate and sweet cherries come together in perfect harmony.
if you're looking for a guilt-free, lip-smacking, and downright delicious treat, this healthy chocolate cherry smoothie is your new BFF. It's a match made in smoothie heaven, combining the best of both worlds: scrumptious flavors and creamy nutritious goodness.
And the best part? It's super easy to make! Blend it up, sip it down, and enjoy the liquid happiness!
You'll need just a few simple ingredients to make the creamiest, most refreshing chocolate cherry smoothie recipe ever. It seriously tastes just like chocolate-covered cherries but it's packed with vitamins and minerals! Here's what you'll need:
- Frozen sweet cherries. Adds a delightful creaminess and perfectly chills the smoothie without needing to add ice. Just make sure there are no pits!
- Milk. You can use any milk you'd like. I like to use organic whole milk.
- Spinach. Blend in fresh spinach for a hidden boost of vitamin A, vitamin K, iron, and folate.
- Banana. Gives the smoothie a natural sweetness along with an addition of potassium, vitamin C, and dietary fiber.
- Cocoa powder. You could also use your favorite chocolate protein powder for a post-workout snack!
- Almond extract. For a little extra flavor boost.
Green smoothies are my favorite addition to breakfast because they're just so quick and easy- make it in just 5 minutes!
Combine all of the ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until it's smooth!
Try this recipe in a Ninja Duo Blender- this smoothie fits perfectly in the 24-ounce to-go cup!
The "extract" setting will make the smoothest drink! No chunky smoothies here!
If you're looking for a low-carb smoothie without bananas, try using half of an avocado. The creamy texture of avocado will create a smooth and velvety consistency while adding some healthy fats.
This recipe makes roughly 2 small 8-ounce servings or 1 large 16-ounce serving.
Tips & tricks
Use frozen cherries. Add a refreshing chill while creating a thicker and creamier texture.
Use a high-speed blender. If you don't have a high-speed blender, you can still make delicious smoothies but they could be slightly chunkier and not silky smooth. I love my Ninja and this recipe fits perfectly in the 24-ounce to-go cups!
Make it dairy-free! Try using coconut milk, almond milk, or oat milk for a just-as-delicious dairy-free option.
- High-speed blender. Make silky smooth smoothies right at home with a high-speed blender that is affordable and won't break the bank!
Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for no more than 48 hours. When you're ready to enjoy the rest of your smoothie, give it a good shake to blend the ingredients back together.
More healthy smoothies
Chocolate Covered Cherry Smoothie
- 1 c pitted cherries frozen
- 1 c milk of your choice
- 1 c spinach
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- Combine all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender.
- Blend until smooth (I like to use the "extract" setting on my Ninja blender).
The nutritional information provided is only an estimate. For accurate results, we recommend calculating the nutritional information based on the ingredients and brands you use.
Lovin' these recipes? Join me on Pinterest!
Did you enjoy Chocolate Covered Cherry Smoothie? Be sure to leave a comment below and share your experience!