Cheesy Ranch Potato Slices are an easy appetizer or side dish made with thick sliced potatoes, ranch dressing powder, shredded cheese, crumbled bacon, and garnished with sliced green onions. Serve with ranch dressing for dipping!
This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you make a purchase after clicking a link, I may earn a small commission at no cost to you. View our Disclaimer Policy.
Baked Potato Slices with Cheese and Bacon
If you love baked potatoes (or ranch, or bacon), you’re gonna love these loaded potato slices. Perfectly tender potato slices are seasoned with ranch seasoning and piled high with melty cheese and bacon- talk about the perfect combination!
Not only are these Cheesy Ranch Potato Slices to die for, but they’re also so easy to make! In less than 45 minutes, you’ll have the best appetizer, snack, side dish, or even dinner (if you make enough of them!).
Ingredients Needed for Loaded Baked Potato Slices
This recipe is so unbelievably good, that you won’t even believe how simple the ingredients are! Here is what you’ll need:
- Ranch dip powder (I use Hidden Valley Dips mix)
- Colby jack cheese
- Green onions
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Cheesy Bacon Ranch Potatoes
Begin this recipe by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
Wash and slice each potato into ½-inch rounds. Toss the rounds with olive oil and spread them onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure they are in a single layer and do not overlap each other.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake them for 20 minutes.
Carefully flip the potatoes, sprinkle with more salt and pepper, and bake for 15 minutes. Sprinkle the ranch dip powder over each potato, followed by the shredded cheese and crumbled bacon.
Bake the loaded slices for 2 minutes, shut off the oven with the tray inside, and let rest for a few minutes. This helps the cheese get super melty without browning it.
Garnish with sliced green onions and serve!
How to Store and Reheat Cheesy Ranch Potato Slices
Fresh is usually best, but I can truly say that these are just as delicious when they’re reheated! To store leftover potato slices, place them into an airtight container for up to four days.
To reheat leftovers, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Arrange the slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Tent the pan with foil to keep the cheese from getting overcooked or burning and bake for about 15 minutes, or until hot.
More Side Dish and Appetizer Recipes:
Cheesy Ranch Potato Slices
- 3 large russet potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp ranch dip powder
- 2 c shredded colby jack cheese
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and slice the potatoes into ½-inch rounds. Toss with olive oil and spread in a single layer onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Flip the potatoes, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the ranch dip powder over each potato, followed by shredded cheese and bacon.
- Bake for 2 minutes, shut off the oven with the tray inside, and let rest for a few minutes (This will help melt the cheese better).
- Garnish with green onions and serve!
* Nutrition information is an estimate and will vary based on ingredients used and cooking methods.
Thank you so much for visiting us! If you enjoyed this recipe, please let us know in the comments below!