Flavorful, tender shrimp and fettuccine pasta are smothered in a one-of-a-kind spicy Cajun Alfredo Sauce to make the best Cajun Shrimp Alfredo. This delicious gluten-free meal takes just over 30 minutes and is perfect for both dinner and date night!
Why you'll love this recipe
If you're looking for one of the most indulgent comfort foods, this is it. We took classic Alfredo and kicked it up a notch with bold spices and juicy, tender shrimp. I mean honestly, what's better than hot saucy noodles and huge shrimp??
Spice lovers, meet the ultimate comfort food!
Ingredients for shrimp
For this recipe (as well as Cajun Shrimp Pasta), I like to use colossal-size, tail-on, deveined shrimp. These big guys are easy to peel and super meaty. I think these shrimp work best for this recipe because they stay juicy and they won't get lost in the sea of noodles!
Here's what you'll need for the delicious Cajun Shrimp:
- Cajun seasoning
Ingredients for sauce
- Heavy whipping cream
- Cream cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Cajun seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Gluten-free fettuccine or linguine noodles
Begin this recipe by cooking the noodles according to the package directions. Drain the fettuccine noodles in a colander and set aside.
Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. I like to use my 12-inch cast iron for this recipe.
Make the shrimp
Pat each shrimp dry and toss with 2 tablespoons of melted butter. Toss quickly and gently so the butter stays on the shrimp. Arrange the shrimp on a plate and sprinkle with half of the Cajun seasoning. Flip the shrimp and sprinkle with the remaining seasoning.
Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in the skillet and add the seasoned shrimp in a single layer. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, flip, and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
Make the sauce
In the same skillet, melt 4 tablespoons of butter. Add the minced garlic and sauté for 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
Add in the cubed cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, parmesan cheese, Cajun seasoning, and salt and pepper (to taste).
Cook until thickened, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add the cooked pasta and shrimp and toss to coat.
Tips & tricks
Don't overcook the shrimp. Cook the shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes on each side over medium-high heat. Perfectly cooked shrimp will be pink in the middle. Overcooked shrimp will be white or grey.
Cube the cream cheese. Cubed cream cheese will melt faster and easier. I like to cut mine up before beginning this recipe so it also has time to soften up.
- 12-inch Cast Iron Skillet. My cast irons are definitely one of my favorite ways to cook food! You can make pizza, breadsticks, and even desserts! Needless to say, it's one of my most used pans (especially the 12-inch).
Storing and reheating
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Reheat leftovers in the microwave in a microwave-safe container. If the sauce look a little too thick, add some butter to thin it back out.
Easy side dishes
Cajun Shrimp Alfredo
- 1 lb shrimp thawed, peeled, deveined
- 3 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoon butter melted
- 2 tablespoon butter
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Pat each shrimp dry and toss with 2 tablespoons of melted butter. Arrange the shrimp on a plate and sprinkle with half of the Cajun seasoning. Flip the shrimp over and season with the remaining seasoning.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in the skillet and add the seasoned shrimp in a single layer.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes over medium-high heat, flip, and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt 4 tablespoons butter. Add the minced garlic and sauté for 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Add in the cubed cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, parmesan cheese, cajun seasoning, and salt and pepper (to taste).
- Cook until thickened, 8 to 10 minutes. Add cooked pasta and shrimp; toss to coat.
The nutritional information provided is only an estimate. For accurate results, we recommend calculating the nutritional information based on the ingredients and brands you use.
Lovin' these recipes? Join me on Pinterest!
Did you enjoy Cajun Shrimp Alfredo? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!