This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you make a purchase after clicking a link, I may earn a small commission at no cost to you. View our Disclaimer Policy.
This recipe for Baked Zucchini Bites only requires three ingredients and is ready in under 25 minutes! These bites are crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside and make a yummy and healthy side or snack!
The Best Baked Zucchini Bites
These bites are a healthy alternative to the classic side dishes. Even though no oil is used, they still come out crispy on the outside and soft and tender on the inside. A quarter of this recipe is only 150 calories*. That’s about half of a whole zucchini!
I love making these when I want a BIG snack. Instead of polishing off a whole bag of chips, I’ll polish off a whole zucchini! They’re crispy and saucy- two of my favorite things!
Ingredients Needed for Easy Zucchini Bites
These tender and crisp bites require only three ingredients:
- Italian panko
- Dipping sauce, such as marinara or ranch
About the Panko
Depending on the size of the zucchini, more panko may be needed. For this reason, I choose to use Italian panko. It’s already seasoned so I don’t have to worry about adding extra seasoning.
How to Make Baked Zucchini Bites
First, wash the zucchini and slice it into 1/4 to 1/3-inch rounds. The thicker they are, the more time they will need to bake and it could run the risk of burning the panko. We like to keep them thin!
Next, set up the dipping station. Panko in one bowl and beaten eggs into another bowl. Dip the zucchini rounds into the eggs, let the excess runoff, and press the rounds into the panko.
Zucchini > Eggs > Panko
Place the coated rounds onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper. I use parchment paper to avoid using any unnecessary oil.
Bake the zucchini bites at 425 degrees for 10 to 12, or until golden brown. Flip the bites and bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes.
How To Store Zucchini Bites
After your bites have cooled completely, place them in an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Looking for More Snack Ideas? Check These Out:
- Everything Bagel Cream Cheese Stuffed Peppers
- Fresh Restaurant Style Salsa
- Beer Battered Onion Rings
- Peanut Butter Fruit Dip
Baked Zucchini Bites
- 2 medium-sized zucchini
- 2 cups Italian panko
- 2 eggs beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425° F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Slice zucchini into 1/3 to 1/4 inch slices. Put beaten eggs into one bowl and Italian panko in another bowl.
- First dip the zucchini slices into the beaten eggs and then coat them in Italian panko. Repeat with all the zucchini slices.
- Place the coated zucchini onto the baking tray and arrange them so they're not touching each other.
- Bake the zucchini bites at 425 degrees for 10 to 12, or until golden brown. Flip the bites and bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
*Nutrition information is an estimate and will vary based on ingredients used and cooking methods.
Thank you so much for visiting us! If you enjoyed this recipe, please let us know in the comments below!