Soft and moist Apple Spice Cupcakes are loaded with apples and warm spices- all the autumn flavors you love- and topped with cream cheese frosting. With only five ingredients, these are the perfect fall cupcakes!
Why you'll love this recipe
We're slowly creeping into the best time of the year- FALL! Leaves changing colors, pumpkin patches and hayrides, crackling bonfires on chilly nights- what is there not to love?! Sweatshirt season is by far the best season.
There's no better way to kick off this cozy season than with some Apple Spice Cupcakes (and maybe some Spiked Apple Pie!). After all, what's better than having your house smelling like apples and cinnamon?!
This super easy spiced apple recipe starts with a box cake mix and canned apple pie filling. Do you love lazy day desserts? Check out my Easy Peach Dump Cake, Apple Pie Cookie Cups, and Better Than Sex Cake!
These fall-inspired spiced apple cupcakes only require simple 5 ingredients! Here's what you'll need:
- Apple pie filling
- Spice cake mix (unprepared)
- Vanilla extract
- Cream cheese frosting
We'll start this recipe by preheating the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two cupcake pans with cupcake liners. There will be 24 total.
In a medium-sized bowl, roughly chop the apple pie filling. I recommend using a clean pair of kitchen shears to quickly chop the apples (it's less messy, too!).
Next, gently stir in the spice mix, eggs, and vanilla extract. Divide the batter evenly among the 24 lined cups.
Bake the apple spice cupcakes for 15 to 18 minutes at 350 degrees F, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Let the spiced cupcakes cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack and let them cool to room temperature.
Frost with your favorite cream cheese frosting!
Make a cake
What's great about this recipe is that it can be easily made into a spiced apple cake. The ingredient list is exactly the same! All you have to do is grease a 9x13 cake pan and bake it for 25 to 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
Tips & tricks
Use store-bought or homemade cream cheese frosting. Either one is a great choice and will yield spectacular results! In need of a good homemade frosting recipe? Check out my favorite go-to Cream Cheese Frosting.
Chop the apple pie filling. You can chop the filling on a cutting board, slice it up in the bowl, or my personal favorite- a pastry cutter.
No mixer required. This recipe is so quick and easy that you won't even have to drag out your mixer!
- 12-cup Muffin Tin. We can't make cupcakes without cupcake pans! Get two and make all 24 cupcakes at once.
- Large Mixing Bowl. This set is perfect for all sorts of baking needs!
Store frosted cupcakes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
More yummy desserts
Hungry for more? Sign up for our newsletter and join us on Facebook and Pinterest for all of our latest updates!
Be sure to check out our brand-new Gluten-Free Facebook community!
Apple Spice Cupcakes
- 21 oz can apple pie filling coursely chopped
- 1 spice cake mix unprepared
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 oz cream cheese frosting or homemade cream cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two cupcake pans with cupcake liners.
- In a medium-sized bowl, coarsely chop the apple pie filling. Stir in the spice mix, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Divide the batter evenly into each of the 24 lined cups.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the cupcakes cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and let them cool to room temperature before frosting with cream cheese frosting.
- Let the cupcakes cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and let them cool to room temperature before frosting with cream cheese frosting.
The nutritional information provided is only an estimate. For accurate results, we recommend calculating the nutritional information based on the ingredients and brands you use.
more good mood food
Like our recipes? Follow us on Pinterest!
Did you enjoy these Apple Spice Cupcakes? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Did you make this recipe? Let us know!