Soft and moist Apple Spice Cupcakes are loaded with apples and warm spices- all the autumn flavors you love- and topped with cream cheese frosting. With only five ingredients, these are the perfect fall cupcakes!
This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you make a purchase after clicking a link, I may earn a small commission at no cost to you. View our Disclaimer Policy.
Easy Apple Spice Cupcakes
We’re slowly creeping into the best time of the year- FALL! Leaves changing colors, pumpkin patches and hayrides, crackling bonfires on chilly nights- what is there not to love?! Sweatshirt season is by far the best season.
There’s no better way to kick off this cozy season than with some Apple Spice Cupcakes (and maybe some Spiked Apple Pie!). After all, what’s better than having your house smelling like apples and cinnamon?!
Ingredients Needed for Apple Spice Cupcakes
These fall-inspired cupcakes only require simple 5 ingredients! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Apple pie filling
- Spice cake mix (unprepared)
- Vanilla extract
- Cream cheese frosting
Cream Cheese Frosting
Both store-bought and homemade frosting can be used for this recipe. Either one is a great choice and will yield spectacular results!
In need of a good homemade frosting recipe? Check out my favorite go-to Cream Cheese Frosting!
How to Make the Best Fall Dessert
We’ll start this recipe by preheating the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two cupcake pans with cupcake liners. There will be 24 total.
In a medium-sized bowl, roughly chop the apple pie filling. I recommend using a clean pair of kitchen shears to quickly chop the apples (it’s less messy, too!).
Next, gently stir in the spice mix, eggs, and vanilla extract. Divide the batter evenly among the 24 lined cups.
Bake the cupcakes for 15 to 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Let the cupcakes cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and let them cool to room temperature.
Frost with your favorite cream cheese frosting!
Apple Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
What’s great about this recipe is that it can be easily made into a cake. The ingredient list is exactly the same! All you have to do is grease a 9 x 13 cake pan and bake it for 25 to 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
How to Store Spiced Apple Cupcakes
Store frosted cupcakes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Love Dessert? Check These Out!
Apple Spice Cupcakes
- 21 oz can apple pie filling coursely chopped
- 1 spice cake mix unprepared
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 16 oz cream cheese frosting or homemade cream cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two cupcake pans with cupcake liners.
- In a medium-sized bowl, coarsely chop the apple pie filling. Stir in the spice mix, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Divide the batter evenly into each of the 24 lined cups.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the cupcakes cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and let them cool to room temperature before frosting with cream cheese frosting.
- Let the cupcakes cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and let them cool to room temperature before frosting with cream cheese frosting.
* Nutrition information is an estimate and will vary based on ingredients used and cooking methods.
Thank you so much for visiting us! If you enjoyed this recipe, please let us know in the comments below!