Elbow noodles are tossed in a sweet and tangy dressing and loaded with carrots, red peppers, sweet onions, and hard-boiled eggs. No potluck will be complete without this deliciously creamy Amish Macaroni Salad!
This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you make a purchase after clicking a link, I may earn a small commission at no cost to you. View our Disclaimer Policy.
Amish Style Macaroni Salad
I love the Walmart Amish Macaroni Salad that I could honestly probably eat it every single day. I enjoy it so much, that I just had to try to recreate it myself!
This recipe is even better than the original. I make it all the time and take it to all the potlucks! If you’ve never tried Amish Mac before, now is your chance. It’s sweet, creamy, and downright irresistible.
Forget store-bought, now you can make it at home!
Ingredients Needed for The BEST Pasta Salad
Here’s what you’ll need for the best pasta salad:
- Elbow macaroni
- Yellow mustard
- White vinegar
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Red bell pepper
- Sweet onion
How to Make Walmart Amish Macaroni Salad
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the elbow macaroni to al dente, following the package directions. Drain the noodles, rinse them with cold water, and set them aside for now.
In a large bowl, combine the mayo, sugar, yellow mustard, and white vinegar. Stir in the chopped hard-boiled eggs, grated carrots, diced red peppers, and diced sweet onions.
Stir in the macaroni.
Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least two hours. I like to let this chill overnight for the best flavor!
How to Store Sweet Macaroni Salad
Store this pasta salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Check Out These Great Party Salads!
- Zesty Italian Pasta Salad
- Pea Salad
- Creamy Deviled Egg Potato Salad
- Grape Snickers Salad
- Pistachio Fluff Salad
Amish Macaroni Salad
- 16 oz elbow macaroni
- 2 1/2 c mayo
- 1/4 c + 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 c + 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1/4 c + 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 4 hard-boiled eggs peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots peeled and grated
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 sweet onion diced
- Cook elbow macaroni (in salted water) to al dente, according to package directions. Drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine mayo, sugar, mustard, and vinegar. Stir in the chopped eggs, grated carrots, diced peppers, and diced onions. Stir in macaroni.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours, or overnight for best flavor.
* Nutrition information is an estimate and will vary based on ingredients used and cooking methods.
Thank you so much for visiting us! If you enjoyed this recipe, please let us know in the comments below!